The modbus library finds its way into the official repositories Fedora (packaged by Stéphane Raimbault), Debian and Ubuntu (packaged by Ivo De Decker).
Of course, we'll happy to support other distributions!
To improve the communication and ease the subscription process, the libmodbus project as moved from Launchpad list to Google Groups firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update: Julien Boibessot integrated libmodbus into Buildroot.
Yet another stable release with minor fixes.
libmodbus 3.0.2 (2012-01-16)
- Update Debian package.
- Documentation fixes and additions.
- Add missing C++ macros in public headers. Thanks to Bernhard Agthe.
- Protects modbus_mapping_free against NULL argument. Thanks to Andrea Mattia.
- Fix check on file doc/libmodbus.7 in acinclude.m4 (closes #28)
- Close file descriptor when the settings don't apply in RTU. Original patch provided by Thomas Stalder.
- unit-test.h is now generated to avoid config.h dependency.
- Request for Windows Sockets specification version 2.2 instead of 2.0. Thanks to Pavel Mazniker for the report.