Vertimus is an Open Source web tool to manage a workflow of translations, each translation has a status which changes at each step. You can create an account, book any translation and communicate with your team. If you want to catch a glimpse of Vertimus in action, go to http://gnomefr.traduc.org/suivi (used by the French team).
This is the first release with support for localization, two languages are included in this release English (thanks to Phil Frary) and... French of course .
Now, I think Vertimus is ready for world domination, so I urge you to translate Vertimus into your language and deploy it on a web server near to you (see the INSTALL file to follow the easy steps).
Overview of changes in Vertimus 0.4
tag: vertimus-0-4 (2008-01-15)
* based on the Zend Framework:
- Zend_Db (PDO_MySQL)
* new look & feel (CSS)
* separate specific settings in localconfig.php (URL, menu entries)
* translated in English and French
* mail encoded in UTF-8
* show a information message (editable by the administrator)
* use a sort order for the releases
* simpler session management
* the user can reset his password via an activation key
* licence is now GPL only
* FIX #158764 - Mail sent about status being changed to "Translated"
when cancel ing an action
* FIX #174698 - Angle brackets should be converted in comments
To checkout the latest version: bzr co lp:vertimus
It's painful to follow the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines in plain GTK+ so I wrote some functions to make this task easier. I wrote this code one year ago and I'm suprised we don't have such API in the current GTK+ version.
The Launchpad branch is https://code.launchpad.net/gtk-frame-hig. libsexy is maybe the right container for that code.